Wednesday, June 3, 2015

Chaos Reigns!

This space is the only tidy spot in my new studio right now. The movers made me promise I would never move this huge wooden cabinet again! But it's from my mom, it holds tons of stuff, and it's beautiful. Not sure I can keep that promise but it will be parked here for quite a while.

The rest of my studio looks more like this. Do you remember that game in which you had to move several squares in the plastic frame to move the one key square into its place? That's what my whole life feels like right now!


One of these days ...
I'm getting used to it. Certainty and control are WAY over rated, right?!

In the meantime, I'm working on my blog posts for "... And Then We Set It on Fire" as Resident Artist for the whole month of June, on the topic of Fabric Collage. I am so honored to be part of this stellar group of artists!

3 comments:

Beth said...

You are too funny. Now you get to develop an incredibly well organized studio!

Maggi said...

It will be interesting to see how your organisation develops. Loving your Fire blog posts.

Laura McGrath said...

I moved over 600 miles last October, from NC back to NYS. Even though I had lived in NC only 10 years, I had discovered art quilting while there and accumulated all the wonderful crap that goes along with it. It takes a while to get organized, but I found things I had forgotten about, and am enjoying living in a beautiful, inspiring area. Enjoy your new house and the process of making it a home!