Friday, April 28, 2017

New Directions

 Last week I delivered a bunch of my new eco printed silk scarves to the Lake Placid Center for the Arts downtown gallery (soon to be called Gallery 46). I've learned a lot about eco printing (a.k.a. botanical contact printing) in the past year. I also recently learned about ColorHue dyes. What a great combination!
 


Here is Jon Donk, wonderful Gallery 46 manager, holding a couple of my pillows with silk covers. I love the string resist marks and the eucalyptus on the left pillow; the right one was printed with oak leaves then shifted into another dimension with ColorHue dye. And you can see a lovely mauve scarf on  the counter, also transformed with the dye. I'll tell you all about the dyes and how I discovered them another time, as I relive my wonderful stay in St. Petersburg, Florida in March. So much creativity and energy there!

Below are some eco printed cards I made during my stay. I dipped the whole cards in the leftover turquoise dye (from that pillow above). It not only gave a nice light color on the white card - it intensified the original pigments on the card. Magical Stuff!

4 comments:

sonja said...

I enjoy your botanical contact printing in new directions.
So refreshing the cardstock transformed with remaining dye!!

Unknown said...

I wish there was a link to gallery 46.

Cris Winters said...

There is a brand new link to Gallery 46: https://www.lakeplacidarts.org/gallery/gallery-46
Enjoy (and visit if you can)!

Xiang Nan said...



If you care about the machine, you will find Louis Vuitton Handbag and Swiss Movement Rolex as much as possible for an object completely virtuosity perfectionist,Valentino handbags is a luxury, the object itself.once you get Datejust Replica Watch in your hands and on your wrists, from just a simple giant chunks of gold, really in what appears to be a block of luxury tension, what is as a piece of precision?Rolex Replica Watch mean, let me think it would be fun.