Wednesday, February 4, 2009

December Candle Photo - How To

My friend Colleen asked how I made the pretty candle holders in the Decmber photo. Here you are:

I froze a little water in the bottom of a short drinking glass. Then I arranged some small sprigs of cedar and chopped cranberries between the glass and smaller plastic cups filled with water (to weigh them down) and placed inside the larger glass. I carefully poured water over the sprigs and cranberries. After it all froze, I removed the inside cups - this where the candles went. I kept them in the freezer until dinner time. They were frozen and reused them a couple of times. Easy and lovely.


Today is another sunny perfect Winter day. The birds are starting to sing their Spring songs. Hormones are powerful things!


1 comment:

Unknown said...

Thank you. I can't wait to try making them - I'm hoping for a wonderful storm so I can set our backyard living room aglow!
On a different note, how was the reunion? Pictures?